Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tricks and treats

This halloween was quite interesting. I was sick so I laid on the front porch to hand out candy and Patrick took Josh and Carlie and Jared trick or treating. Jacob went to a party...he didn't even dress up. a ghoul, a lady bug and a mutant ninja turtle...how sweet! My little lady bug stayed on the front porch with me for quite awhile. She figured out I was putting candy in the kids buckets so she decided she would hand out candy too. She would stand on the step with her fistful of candy held out yelling, "gank ooo, gank oooo" (thank you) and then she would get frustrated that there were no kids to take the candy so she would throw it in the bushes and start crying. When kids would come up and I gave her candy to hand out she would be so shocked by the costumes she wouldn't put the candy in their bucket. After they would walk away she would remember the candy and the whole "gank ooo" screaming and crying would start up again.
I was so disappointed with Jared this halloween. He and his friend took one bag between them trick or treating. The plan was to divide up the candy at the end but his friend had to go home and took the entire bag of candy with him...so we were all left sharing Josh's. How can I raid the halloween candy when there isn't hardly any to raid. Next year he'll need to take his own bag so he can keep his momma happily supplied with candy through thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Haley said...

That is an outrage! With only one bag of candy to raid how can you possibly get enough chocolate without your children noticing that their stash is dwindling?! I got at least 6 Hershey bars this year and nobody ever even noticed they'd been robbed...it was awesome ;-).