Monday, February 9, 2009

New Do's

A couple weeks ago Carlie's daddy walks in after work and picks up his sweet baby and says to me, "do you ever comb her hair?" WHAT????! Has he not seen this child's hair in action? Of course I comb her hair..I wet it down a couple times a day. I smooth it with my hands every time I walk past her. I even try to pat it down with wet baby wipes when we are in public for some semblence of control. It does no good. It quickly reverts back to this fly away rat's nest. I'm considering gelling it down cause nothing else works. But for her daddy, I thought I'd post a couple of her latest hairstyles that worked.

This one is the baby farrah. LOVE the wings! By the way...she is helping me shred papers. She was very focused on her job! This would be a very good style for her days at the office.
This is her 60's flower power style. She stole the necklace from her brother. I think it really brings out her eyes. I just hope when she breaks the necklace she has sense enough not to eat the beads.

Here is our attempt at pigtails. Cute...but I have yet to master the art of the straight part on a moving target. Nor can I wrap those impossibly little bands fast enough before she slips out of my grasp. I don't know if a hairstyle is worth it if someone has to hold you down with their legs to get the piggies in.

And this is mom's new haircut. Shorter than she wanted. I know...I look mean in this picture. Maybe because I had given my $500 camera to a 12 year old to shoot the picture.





1 comment:

Haley said...

I think my favorite is the "Farrah" hair...it is a great look for the office. I can never get a straight part on my moving target either...when I do trap her between my knees to do her hair the other kids look at me like I'm so me kind of monster. Cute family pic.