13 years ago
Friday, December 12, 2008
So you think you can dance
Now I'm not a dancer. I don't have any rhythm and I'm not coordinated. But I will dance with my kids in the privacy of my own home. Silliness rules. Patrick is not into dancing. That would not be on his short list of things to go do. Somehow we ended up with two dancing children. Three if you count Josh but his "moves" could be described more as steps for mortal combat and not actual dance!
Jared, somehow, somewhere has learned dance moves. The running man, the macarena, the worm, the wave, who knows. (I'm starting to think that 3rd grade teacher taught more than reading and writing because now I'm hearing they had tons of dance offs on no outdoor recess days) And he loves loves loves to dance. He has quite a series of "moves".
Jared and Carlie like to put a music CD into the XBOX and the music will play over the TV along with colored images on the screen. They also prefer to do their dancing on a stage...aka...my coffee table. Jared did find the table was not quite big enough for half his "moves" so thank goodness it isn't a far drop. The splits have to be done on the floor...yes...I said the splits! He also loves to flip his long hair (which I have since cut and that is messing with his "moves" he tells me)
Carlie's "moves" are a bit more simple yet she gives them the same concentration Jared gives his. Carlie rocks from side to side and foot to foot. If she's feeling ultra funky she swings her arms from side to side! And for that all out moment.....she stomps her feet.
Now when her dancing buddy is off at school Carlie will try to sneak in some extra practise time. She climbs on the table and dances and points at the TV wanting me to put in their favorite (and only) KidsBop CD. I am thinking this may buy me some free time...she shakes her groove thing...I unload the dishwasher! Not a bad deal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh the joy! I had given up hope that you would ever post again
:-). Don't you love family dance sessions...I used to do them with my kids ALL of the time...now they just look at me oddly when I start (I don't blame them). Benjamin is our Jared...we were at a party in October and he started busting out break dance moves I have never seen...I could not stop laughing. I love your descriptions of Carlie's dances--she sounds so adorable--what a fun little buddy for you to have around :-). Also, the soccer trophy story brought tears to my eyes...so sweet. Also, that lego competition sounds awesome--although watching your kids learn hard lessons really stinks sometimes.
I mean to post...I really do. But Carlie has reached a new stage in life. She can open drawers and empty them faster than a tornado. She can also push objects around to reach MORE drawers. It is her new obsession and she approaches it with zeal. So I get nothing done during her waking hours...and I'm too tired by the time she goes down. LOL. Surely it'll get better.
Post a Comment