Tuesday, May 5, 2009

City Slickers

My kiddos are such city kids. It is true. I need to go vacation at a farm with them, or watch more NOVA. Yesterday Jared came running in from the backyard saying, "I found something in the backyard. It's a baby. I think it's a baby lamb". I went out to find a tiny little white "lamb" hobbling across the lawn. A search under the playscape revealed his flock. I don't think they are more than a week old.


Jared was desperate to keep the black one. He pleaded...can't I keep it in my room, or the laundry room? I feel for him. He loves animals and it sucks that his brother is allergic. But somehow I don't think a kitten would be happy living in the laundry room.




Unfortunatley mama cat got nervous and moved them. I was hoping to get them off to someone today who could bottle feed them and then get them to the shelter. There is a place here that will do free spaying of stray cats.


No comments: