I told her I wanted her to remember 3 things about this quilt.
One: The name of the quilt is the Yellow Brick Road. And baptism is her first step on the road back to our Heavenly Father.
Two: The quilt colors represent the eight Young Women Value colors. If she works on her personal progress and develops these attributes in herself they will help her move along the road back the her Heavenly Home.
Three: The quilt was unfinished. I did not have time to put the binding on. BUT, she should remember that the first time she saw the quilt it was unfinished just like baptism does not finish her salvation. It is only the beginning. She still has many ordinances and experiences she must perform in this life on that road back to God
The quilt turned out so cute. I was really grateful to one of the YW counselors who came to the fabric store with me to pick out the colors. She did a fantastic job. She had just gotten released from YW and called as the Relief Society President so I was grateful she was willing to go with me even though she was swamped learning all the things she needed to begin her new calling.
2 comments:
that is very cute jen and a great idea. I'm sure she'll always remember that day. Awesome job.
That quilt is so cute and I love your talk! Claire just turned 12--I want to hurry and make her a quilt like that with the value colors for Christmas! I now know what I will be doing Christmas Eve...crying on the phone to my sister as I try to hurry and finish a quilt that I never should have started :-).
Post a Comment