I have to say some of the funniest things I have seen in my time in Central Texas are the reactions to snow, or the chance of snow, or pseudo snow. In my 14 years here we have had icy snow but not true snow and we thought that was a treat. BUT this year we had true snow. Pure, giant, flaky, fluffy, catch it on your tongue snow! And it was fantastic!
Jacob pulled Carlie out of bed so he could show her the snow before he went to school. She was not impressed at this point, but give her time. I was hoping hoping hoping the teachers would let the kids go outside during the snow, and crazy enough they did. The whole school trooped outside. To illustrate what a rare event this is here...by the end of the school day each of my kids said there were only 6 kids left in their respective classes. Yes, parents actually went and pulled their kids out of school to enjoy the snow. It is a rare event and the excitement from adult and child alike is grand!
Little brother's revenge!
Sweet Carlie goes on an explore and decides snow is very good to eat. But..not so fun to take your shoes off and jump on the trampoline in.
Snow man building is big business
In the days following the snowstorm it was hilarious to drive the streets and see the multitude, plethora, crowds of snowmen in all the neighborhoods. And these were no ordinary snowmen. We had snowcouples holding hands, pregnant snowwomen, snowmen dancing, snow turtles. I have to say I have never seen a group of people enjoy snow as much as I did here and it was extremely fun to see kids and adults share the wonder of simple snow!
No comments:
Post a Comment