First, the excursion is now more crowded thanks to the new family addition. He is supposed to sit in the very back but he thought the seats looked more fun. Ahhh Corey...you don't mind any better than the kids.
So Washington on the Brazos area is very pretty. The campground had a good hiking area...we were allowed to do fires. It was nice. AND HOT! After the first day we opted to sit in the trailer and crank the AC. Slightly ironic I know.
My little firebugs in training....nice!!
Next we toured Independence Hall....the birthplace of Texas.
"Revered as the one of Texas’ most significant historic places,
it was here in 1836 that representatives of the Texas settlements met to make a formal declaration of independence from Mexico. A replica of Independence Hall
marks the place where the Texas Declaration of Independence was signed and the government of the Republic of Texas was created. Walk in the footsteps of Davy Crockett as you continue past Independence Hall and make your way down historic Ferry Street. At the end of your walk, enjoy the beautiful view of the Brazos and Navasota Rivers at our scenic overlook."http://www.birthplaceoftexas.com/IndependenceHall.htm
Sweet...we were walking in the footsteps of Davy Crockett....as hot as it was I was hoping Davy Crockett had just meandered on over to a rocking chair and sat down. No such luck.
And all true Texas have to have their pictures taken in front of the monument. Luckily I had a few native Texans to spare.
Then down the road to Barrington Farm. "the interpreters at Barrington Living History Farm conduct themselves much as did the earliest residents of the original farmstead, raising cotton, corn, cattle and hogs. Visitors take a step into the lives of Barrington’s earliest residents and participate in daily activities to better understand what life was like over 150 years ago."
Jared enjoyed the kitchen area of the farm...I think he was hoping they were serving lunch.
Then we headed out to the barn. And Carlie went nuts.
"A cow! I pet the cow". Look how excited she is....
The cow? Not so much....
We thought we'd take a group picture to warm the cow up....and maybe sacrifice one of the other kids first.
But Miss Carlie finally got her turn.
I think the cow rather enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment