Monday, January 21, 2013

June 2011 - Cub Camp


This year I volunteered all week at Josh's scout camp.  And it was HOT!!!  and exhausting!!!  and as soon as cub camp ended I had to rush home, drop him off and head out to either a basketball game or a baseball game.  This became a serious weight loss program since I spent so many hours in the heat.

BB guns....hardcore with master sargeant


  Josh is at the far end.
One of our favorite stations was archery.  The leader who taught it was British and we all felt like he was about to invite us for a cup of tea.  He had a great presence with the boys.

Cooking corn on the cob....in 105 degree heat...yeah....it was interesting.

Games

Our nature people taught us about owls.  Then they handed us these pellets that the owls regurgitate and you can dig through and see what they ate....there were little bones in them.  It was very interesting.

But the best part of scout camp is the bonding and making new friends.  This was our den by day 3.
Is there anything cuter than that???



No comments: