Events quickly cascade out of control as we are approaching scripture reading time. Jared announces his arm is really itchy and he needs medicine one it. The poison ivy is looking a thousand times better thanks to our new favorite medicine, Domeboro solution. I send him to get a washcloth and we'll soak his arm while we are reading. I get the benedryl out for Jared and Josh and I move to stand next to Josh who is still at the table. As I am pouring the Benedryl into the little cup, Carlie suddenly arches back, straightens out her legs and drops right through the sling onto the ground and starts howling. Patrick shoots across the room and is just bending down to pick up Carlie when Josh starts shrieking in pain. On her way down Carlie knocked the Benedryl out of my hand and it is now in Josh's eye! Now...if I didn't have two children screaming at this instant I would have burst out laughing because Patrick was frozen for a moment bent half way to the floor trying to decide which child he should pick up...both are hurt, but which one should he grab...his eyes are darting back and forth between them...HOW does he choose! That is when I spotted Jared, shoved him toward Carlie and said "take her" and Patrick scooped up Josh and ran him to the sink while I guided his head under the water. This is no simple task as Josh is putting up a pretty good fight and is screaming with a mouth full of food, which I then worry he will choke on so I swipe the food out of his mouth as we are running water over his eyes. Within a few minutes Josh was fine, Carlie was fine, Patrick and I were wiping up all the Benedryl and not even looking at eachother...I don't know if it was that we didn't want to bust out laughing just then or we didn't want to have to ask "How do these things happen to us?"
13 years ago
1 comment:
Hey! Your blog is just as fun and hilarious as I expected it to be
:-)! I'm so glad the Josh/kindergarten story turned out the way it did...I almost started crying when I saw the picture he drew...good thing Jared was there to interpret. BTW, I like all the literary references in your post titles :-).
Post a Comment