Well, first we tried the flowerbeds in the backyard and after sitting on her bench and then the tractor and drinking from a pot in the flowerbed and then digging in the sandpit, Carlie was clearly bored with the backyard. She didn't even fake a smile. Seriously, do you think she is saying, "what up dude?"
So, bright idea...let's go to the pumpkin patch over at the Methodist church. Very cool. She loved all the pumpkins...oooh, ahh, wow! She kept turning her back on me or rushing me so I could never get a clear shot. It was like a strange little game we were playing....she meanders delightfully through the pumpkins while I trip my way through the patch trying to keep the camera in focus, only to have her alter course at the last instant and lose my shot.
Here she made a new friend...Mr. Scarecrow. This is her "I'm absolutely surprised" face
Now remember this is at a church so they have little statues all over. Angels, friars...I don't know who this guy is...some Saint someone I'm guessing...but he was littler than she and therefore he must be appropriately greeted with several breathy "hi"s
And then he must be hugged, because we LOVE statues. Especially little statues.
Finally after quite a bit of hugging we are able to let go of the statue guy (I don't know if this was sacrilege or not because while I thought it was hilarious some guy in the parking lot kept staring and making "ahum" noises. What can I say, she was really feeling the love!) But we got one possible photo for a portrait. Not great but it does capture what she is like.
Back to the scarecrow bench....NOW this might be the photo I hang on my wall.
1 comment:
I LOVE the hugging photo. Too, too, too sweet. BTW, I have the same problem with photos as the kids go on...I need to hurry and get Olivia's two year pic before she turns 3.
Post a Comment