Friday, October 31, 2008

That's ballgame!

Oh...thank heavens....we've reached the end of another baseball season. I am glad to see it end. Patrick would ask every game..did you see this play or that play. UM...no...see I was digging rocks, dirt and already chewed sunflower seed shells out of your daughter's mouth. I'm not even sure if our team won or lost...is it over already..oh! But there were some moments when she napped or played happily that I did get some good pics.

Jared rarely played catcher, he was mainly at short or 2nd and some pitching too but I really liked how the dust swirls around the mitt when he caught this ball. It is a cool shot.

Jared loves to steel and if he were allowed to lead off he would taunt the pitcher mercilessly. I did get a series of him sliding into 3rd and yes...he was safe!

At the end of season tournament Jacob played 13 innings of catcher. He was so very sore the next day...oops! At the end of the season he was finally making the long throws to 2nd and 3rd and teams stopped stealing on him. That was a good achievement for him. This season he had a sprained ankle and pulled achilles. He is so glad for the off season so his body can heal.


This is Saturday morning of the tournament.
Jacob was able to put his hitting together this season and got a couple doubles or triples every single game. We were all thrilled with his hitting. But the highlight of the season for me came at his last at bat in the last game. Jared had just walked up to me to ask me something and I said Jacob is hitting. Just then Jacob smacked the ball hard. Jared watched it for a second then started jumping up and down and yelling, "Jacob's going to get a homerun, Jacob's going to get a homerun!" The next thing I knew Jared had run into the dugout and through the other side onto the field and met Jacob at homeplate. He beat Jacob's entire team out of the dugout. It was so thrilling to see how happy Jared was for his brother. For years I've been trying to get them to understand ...your brother should be your biggest cheerleader and your best friend...always! And today we saw it!


1 comment:

Haley said...

You got great pictures...the brother story makes me tear up a bit...what nice boys!